Sunday, January 16, 2011

Fun Sunday Shopping with the Hubby

I had a pretty good Sunday.  I slept in until about 8:45 am, which is really sleeping in for me.  Then the hubs and I decided to go shopping for a new iPod Touch 64GB for him.  He has thousands of CD's {I am not exaggerating, see the picture below of just some of them.} and he wanted to put all the music on 1 iPod so he doesn't have to keep changing out CD's when we are listening to music in the evenings. So we loaded up our 3 little mutts {they are like our kids and go everywhere with us} and headed to the big city about an hour and a half drive away.  We did lots of shopping and each got several things, but he did not get the iPod he wanted.  They were sold out, so I am going to order one directly from Apple.

Livingroom CDs

After shopping all day, I cooked dinner and squeezed in 20 minutes on the treadmill for my 'Grandmas Getting Fit' goal, and now I am relaxing on the couch, listening to music and trying to catch up on some of the weekend blog hops I entered.

I rarely shop for myself, but today I just kept finding things that I felt I needed...or really, really wanted :) and I had a ball doing it too.  Here is what I got:

An iPod iP39 Kitchen Docking Station/Clock Radio/Speaker System. I thought it would be perfect for my desk since it has such a small footprint.  Now I can listen to my pod casts while I am working.  They sell just about everywhere for about $100 but Sam's Club has them for only $50, so that was a deal!

I got a new down pillow.  My old one is at least 8 years old and although it is my favorite pillow it seems so small now.  Perhaps the down has just compacted too much over the years.  I will keep it and use it for a knee pillow though.

I bought a new set of Pyrex baking dishes. I have slowly lost my pyrex over the years...they walk out the door with left overs and never return.  I needed some small ones for making meals just for me and Terry.  I am so use to cooking for a big family that I really have a hard time cooking just for two...I am learning though.

I bought two new easy to cook, low-fat cookbooks.  They were the same book but two different editions.  The newest edition said it had 'All New Recipes' and I could not decide which would have the best recipes, so I just bought both.  Then I found a really great recipe for Chicken Pot Pie in one of them but I don't like canned biscuits that it called for as the topping, so I made my own bread topping from a different recipe.  Here is a picture of the finished product.  We both Loved it.
Chicken & Broccoli Pot Pie

I also bought a hideously ugly 2 pc flannel pajamas set.  They have a retro look to them and have a breakfast print on them with very large images of bacon, eggs, and toast...very ugly, and enough to make me want to lose my breakfast.  But I am a flannel pj's kind of gal and they were on sale for $8.00 {probably because they were so ugly} and they were in XL, the bigger the better when it comes to flannels.  Here is a picture of them...Ugly huh?


So all-in-all I think it was a pretty good day.  How was your Sunday?  

24 comments:

  1. Wow, that was a heck of a shopping trip!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your blog! It is so gorgeous and the saying at the top - love it! I am your newest follower from Sensational Sunday Follow. Stop by Harvest For Tomorrow if you get a chance!

    Amy at http://www.harvestfortomorrow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I forgot to mention - the PJs just crack me up!....Get it, "crack" me up! I know - corny!

    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog. You have a great blog!! Holy CD collection and yeah for some shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Budget Savvy Diva - #1 frugal blog in Southern California, is your newest follower - love if you would head on over to http://budgetsavvydiva.com and follow me back

    Thanks! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute Blog! I’m a new follower Happy Thursday!! I would love for you to stop and take a look at my blog as well! Thanks!
    http://heavenlysavings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to go shopping with you! Agreed, the pjs are ugly but I bet they are soooo comfortable! Stopping by from Following Friday.

    http://east9thst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that ipod docking station! Io am a new follower from following fridaynand would love for you to follow me back!
    http://lindsaysfamilyreviewsandgiveaways.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m your newest follower from the blog hop. Hope you will check out my blog when you get a chance and follow me back.

    -DP
    Hip Chick's Guide to PMS, Pregnancy, and Babies

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Found you on Blog Hop Friday and I'm now following on GFC! I'd love for you to follow me back :)

    Thanks!
    thereynoldsmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds fun! Haha!
    Your grandbabies are so cutee! Haha! Your blog is amazing also!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Pj's crack me up,however for the price why not,and if they are comfortable that beats the uglyness of them.

    Im A new follower from SUPER MEGA 7 IN 1 BLOG HOP Id love for you to come follow back http://beachbabys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you had a great Sunday -- complete with flannel PJ's -- I love flannel PJ's and I don't think they're that ugly. They would make me hungry every time I wore them but that's a whole different problem :-)

    We had a pretty good Sunday -- went to church this morning and then did some household chores this afternoon. Had the in-laws over for Chinese food and now I'm hanging out while DH watches the Super Bowl and the kids have their baths and play. So pretty good overall :-)

    I'm also a new follower and really enjoying my first visit to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, I a new follower from the Monday hop.I can't get my hubby to o half of what I want to do on the week-ends, sounds like you had a great one.
    Food looks good...pj's a re cute...they look warm.

    http://ohmommymoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so hungry after looking at that broccoli chicken pie!!! I'm a new follower from Say Hi Sunday and I would love you to stop by and see my blog too at http://1busychick.blogspot.com Your blog is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for hosting this! I'm a follower from the weekend hop.Hope you follow back!
    http://www.mommiesplayground.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for stopping by and the follow. We have all of our CD's on our ipod...and I only download music now, to save space and have less clutter!

    You have a great blog...I am looking forward to browsing once the kids are in bed!

    ReplyDelete
  18. When does summer turn into fall in life? because I fully intend to spend my entire life in summer.

    Entirely.

    Stopped by from the hop...new follower. Come check me out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm your newest hop follower
    Have a wonderful weekend

    http://www.everydayexpressionz.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stopping by from the Relax and Surf Blop Hop!
    Following you on GFC and twitter. Looking forward to your visit @ www.havingfunsaving.com
    Take care,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those PJ's look so cute! Great blog and beautiful grandbabies. Check out my blog at www.classifiedmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. HAHAHA - LOVin' the PJ's. I would have bought them too. Yes, ugly...but very cute - lol

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mmmm, that pot pie looks yummy. Great pics and I love the theme of this blog. It touches my heart.

    Russo @ www.threegnomes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I saw that iPod station and was thinking about picking one up, but it was $60 or $70.
    I`m stopping by from the Crazed Fan Hop. Would love you to visit http://canadiancouponmom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts about this post. Be sure to include the url of your blog so I can visit you too!

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila